Our bareboat or skippered charter packages are based on a Charter Party contract which is the common charter contract in Greece. Before you sail this contract is going to be approved by the coast guard.
Under Greek law, at least two crew members (skipper and assistant) need to have some form of sailing certificate/ license. This certificate/license can be issued by a “yachting” authority such as a sailing club, sailing school, yachting/sailing association, etc. The skipper must have his/her original document with him/her but in the case of the assistant, a simple signed declaration to the local coast guard, stating that he/she has sailing experience is acceptable. You may also be required to submit a sailing resume that will enable us to assess your ability to sail in safety. We reserve the right to refuse chartering a boat or to insist that charterers hire a professional skipper if their sailing skills are not deemed sufficient.
Delivery - Redelivery day
Weekly charters usually begin and end on Saturdays. In case of uneven periods of time, such as a ten or twelve-day charter, we will do our best, depending on the circumstances, to accommodate your requirements. All charters begin at 17:00 on the day of departure and typically end at 09:00 on the day of arrival. However you will be required to return to base on the last evening of your charter as this is the minimum time required to ensure that the boat is delivered to the next charter in perfect working order.
The boat is fully insured including:
• Third party and passenger civil liability minimum 300.000 Euros.
• Damage liability third party and passenger’s yacht 150.000 Euros.
• Sea pollution liability 88.000 Euros.
A refundable security deposit has to be paid prior to embarkation and this is 1500 Euros. The security deposit is to cover for expenses in the unforeseen event of any minor damages which are not covered by the insurance of the yacht. Upon the safe return of the yacht it will be returned in full to you.
A down payment is required by bank transfer to our account in order to confirm booking.
Payment is also possible with a credit card (Visa or Master card).
• Bareboat: deposit 50% of the boat fee is required to confirm booking. Balance payment (50%) and cleaning fee on arrival at the base.
• Crewed: deposit 50% of the fright (boat fee + skipper fee) is required to confirm booking. Balance payment (50%) and cleaning fee on arrival at the base.
• Sea-ecotrip: deposit 50% of the fright (boat fee + skipper fee + biologist fee) is required to confirm booking. Balance payment (50%) and cleaning fee on arrival at the base.
In the event of yacht charter cancellation, the following cancellation fees apply:
1. For bookings cancelled more than 90 days before embarkation: 150€.
2. For bookings cancelled between 90 days to 31 days before embarkation: Deposit is retained.
3. For bookings cancelled less than 30 days before embarkation: Deposit is retained.
• We will take all precaution to ensure that the booked yacht will be available to the charterer at the place and time agreed. If circumstances are beyond our reasonable control, then we will either supply a similar yacht or return the payment to the charterer, who will have no other claim against us.